We believe that electric vehicles are an important technology to enable a transition to a low carbon society. Our connected charging technology helps maximise the benefits of electric vehicles in some of the following ways:
- Shifting the charging load away from congested times of the day that typically require increased amounts of non-renewable generation (such as coal and natural gas).
- Giving electricity utilities the tools to make more efficient use of their existing resources and avoid upgrading networks to cope with peak EV charging demand in the early evening.
- Providing access to meaningful data that engages our end users and makes them more aware of where their energy comes from.
We're also aware that as a technology company and manufacturer, we have a responsibility to make sure that we are ethically and environmentally accountable not just in regards to our physical products, but throughout the framework of our organisation.
- We want our products to last, and we stand by them. We use quality components, from reputable suppliers, and design our hardware to give years of service
- Our electronics hardware meets international standards (RoHS) regarding reduction of hazardous substances.
- Our product is designed and assembled at facilities that treat their employees with care and respect.
- We have an R&D programme committed to researching the use of bio materials and recycled and recyclable materials for use in our plastic components.
Air travel contributes a significant amount of CO2 into the atmosphere and is responsible for around 2% of human induced CO2 emissions. Wherever possible we aim to reduce our travel dependencies and when necessary, we contribute fully to airline CO2 offset schemes provided by companies like Air New Zealand.
As we maintain and monitor a growing fleet of connecting charging systems, we require an increasing number of energy consuming servers. Our services are hosted on Amazon Web Services, who continue to show strong commitment to reducing the CO2 emissions of their cloud.
We avoid the use of plastic packaging wherever possible, instead using renewable alternatives like cardboard and compostable wrap.