Electric vehicles are here to stay. As their numbers grow, they will create both challenges and opportunities for the electricity industry.
As customer churn and challenging market conditions create increasing uncertainty for electricity retailers, electric vehicles represent a significant opportunity to engage with new customers during their EV purchase, and keep these customers longer with compelling charging offerings.
Our CP Link™ cloud software helps electricity retailers in the following ways:
- Helping retailers better understand how and when their customers are using electricity through access to live and historical data
- Allowing for dedicated EV charging tariffs, by providing access to revenue grade metering information
- Supporting the development of digital EV charging services, such as billing and mobile apps through API access.
Electricity Distributors (Utilities)
Furthermore, our reliance on peaking fossil fuel generation can be substantially reduced through the use of coordinated charging in off peak times.
Evnex CP Link™ cloud software supports electricity distributors in the following ways:
- Improving distributors ability to forecast and understand EV charging load, by providing access to live and historic energy usage data
- Reducing the implementation complexity of EV charging services, by providing dedicated, high redundancy charge point management software
- Reducing concerns of vendor lock-in, with interoperable, standards based solutions